Australian, The – WESTS will head into the festive break on top of the Townsville A-grade cricket ladder after the last round of fixtures were washed out on Saturday.
- Wests and Wanderers managed just six overs at Mick Downey Oval before play was abandoned due to ex-Tropical Cyclone Owen.
- Wanderers made early inroads through Jarrod Edmonson (1-6) and Ryan Eaton (1-7) to reduce Wests to 2-13.
- Meanwhile, defending champions Sub Parks endured another tough day with the bat, albeit in tricky conditions, in their washout against Brothers at John McCulloch Oval.
- Sean Danaher (24) and Mark Taviani (16) combined for a 35-run partnership after some early stumbles before Sub Parks lost 4-4 against the bowling of Herbie Heuir (4-17).
- Brothers made 0-7 before play was called off.The one-day competition resumes on February 2 while Twenty20 fixtures start on January 4.