Acorn, The (Drew University) (Madison, NJ) – Bairstow has been picked up by Sunrisers for £240,000 after a prolific year in limited-overs cricket, hitting four one-day global centuries, with only Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma scoring more ODI runs than his 1,025.
- Tamil Nadu mystery spinner Varun Chakravarathy, who has as many as seven variations up his sleeve, is over the moon after being bought by Kings XI Punjab for a whopping Rs 8.4 crore, more than 40 times his base price, at the IPL auction on Tuesday.
- KXIP, who had the maximum money going into the auction, also spent big on England all-rounder Sam Curran, buying him for Rs 7.2 crore, the most for an overseas player on Tuesday.
- Shami, who is the now the leading Indian wicket-taker in Tests with 44 wickets under his belt from 11 matches, was bought for whopping Rs 4.80 crore by 2014 runners-up Kings XI Punjab.
- Mohammed Shami has set his base price at Rs 1 crore while Ishant Sharma and Naman Ojha will invite the first bid at Rs 75 lakh.
- Indian Test player Hanuma Vihari was sold to Delhi Capitals for Rs two crore, four times his base price.