Free Press Journal (India) – It seems like there is no end to problems of BCCI at present.
- After recent loggerhead with Pakistan Cricket Board (BCCI), BCCI has faced another problem and this time it is with the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- 161 crore) as compensation for tax deduction, otherwise the latter can lose the opportunity to host future tournaments of Champions Trophy 2021 and the Cricket World Cup 2023.
- ICC’s current chairperson Shashank Manohar has asked BCCI to compensate the World cricket body for tax deductions, which occurred when India hosted the World T20 2016 tournament and did not get a waiver from Central Government for the event.
- During World T20 tournament in 2016, Star TV had deducted all taxes while paying to ICC for broadcasting the tournament.
- Since BCCI could not get a waiver on tax from Indian government for the tournament, ICC wants BCCI to compensate for the same.