New Zealand Herald – White Ferns coach Haidee Tiffen will not be with the side when it takes on Australia in a three-match series next month.
- White Ferns coach Haidee Tiffen will not be with the side when it takes on Australia in a three-match series next month.
- Tiffen has requested a leave of absence in the wake of a NZ Cricket World T20 campaign review which recommended all coaching and support staff roles be advertised at the completion of their contract periods.
- NZ Cricket has supported Tiffen’s request and has appointed High Performance coach Bob Carter to act as the interim coach in her absence.
- Tiffen said given the nature of the recent review it was in the team’s best interests that she remained behind when the Ferns depart for Australia on February 18.
- Head of High Performance Bryan Stronach said NZ Cricket accepted Tiffen’s request and would provide support for her during what was clearly a stressful time.