News – Members of the Bangladesh cricket team were near a Christchurch mosque that was targeted by a shooter on Friday.
- Players and support staff preparing for the Third Test of a series against New Zealand beginning on Saturday were forced to flee after dozens of shots were heard being fired.
- Strength and conditioning coach Mario Villavarayen said: “The players are shaken up but fine.
- The players just started running when they heard the shots.
- ESPN cricinfo correspondent Mohammad Isam, who is in New Zealand covering the tour, filmed a group of players walking through nearby Hagley Park.
- Bangladesh has been touring New Zealand since early February but is so far winless, having been swept 3-0 in an ODI series and losing by an innings in the first two Tests.