Indian Awaaz, The – India, March 15 — An international cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh has been cancelled after players from the visiting team narrowly avoided a mass shooting at a mosque in Christchurch on Friday.

Summary

  • India, March 15 — An international cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh has been cancelled after players from the visiting team narrowly avoided a mass shooting at a mosque in Christchurch on Friday.
  • Bangladesh players left shaken as it is revealed they narrowly avoided mass Christchurch shooting when they were on their way to the mosque to pray before killing started.
  • Third Test between New Zealand and Bangladesh cancelled after mosque shooting in Christchurch left 49 worshippers dead.
  • New Zealand cricket chiefs said there was a ‘joint decision’ to call off the TestNew Zealand Cricket chief executive David White said there had been a ‘joint decision’ to call off the third test, which had been scheduled to start on Saturday in Christchurch.
  • The cricketers are set to leave New Zealand in the first available flight after both Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and New Zealand Cricket Board (BCB) jointly decided to call off the third Test which was scheduled to start tomorrow (Saturday).

Read more…