WA Today – But Moeen, who claimed in his autobiography to be the victim of a racial slur by an unnamed Australian player during the 2017 Ashes, wants fans to enjoy the cricket and not abuse opponents.
- The return of Smith and Warner will bolster the Australian top order, but also poses questions as to who should be left out.
- Khawaja’s magnificent series as an opener against India, where he hit two centuries and then averaged 54.40 at the top of the order against Pakistan, should be enough to seal a spot.
- However, Marsh’s form last year in England was one of the few highlights in a galling 5-0 series defeat.
- The West Australian cracked two centuries 12 months ago and looked in imperious touch during a two-day training session at Whitgift School last weekend.
- Adam Zampa and Nathan Lyon are also pushing for dual spin selection, with the pair given plenty of time in the middle last weekend as the batsmen gear up for Afghan spinners Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Mohammad Nabi.