Rediff – Having won the series, India would like to carry on momentum forward, especially with the three-match T20I series to follow soon after.
- Photograph: BCCIA historic series triumph sealed, India are expected to put their bench strength to test while a vanquished South Africa would aim for a consolatory win when the two sides square off in the sixth and final ODI, at Centurion on Friday.
- With victory in the last game, India also confirmed their No.1 spot in the ICC ODI Rankings, displacing South Africa who were sitting atop at the start of this series.
- Jasprit Bumrah too has played 20 ODIs since that Lanka tour, along with eight T20Is and his workload has only increased given that he played through the Test series here as well.
- IMAGE: South Africa pacer Lungi Ngidi could get another go at Team India before the Australia tour kicks off next month.
- South Africa, on the other hand, would want to finish this ODI series on a high and take fresh guard for the Twenty20 International series, which gets underway on Sunday, February 18.