Cricket World – Sharma will be with the club from Wednesday 4 April to Monday 4 June, making him available for Sussex’s first five fixtures in the Specsavers County Championship and all eight of Sussex Sharks’ Royal London One-Day Cup group matches.
- Only three Indian seamers have more wickets than Sharma in test cricket, with his 234 dismissals making him the ninth most prolific Indian test bowler overall.
- His most recent test appearances came during India’s three-match series against South Africa last month, where he played in the second and third tests and took eight wickets.
- Speaking after signing for Sussex, the tall right-armer said: “It’s a great honour to represent Sussex CCC, the oldest first-class county, and I am looking forward with excitement to my maiden stint in county cricket.
- Sussex’s Director of Cricket, Keith Greenfield explained the rationale behind the signing: “Securing Ishant’s services has been very important for us.
- Sharma’s stint with Sussex will be his first in county cricket, although he has experience of bowling in England having toured with India in 2011 and 2014 and played in the 2009 ICC World T20 and 2013 ICC Champions Trophy.