BBC.com – India fast bowler Ishant Sharma will join Sussex for the first two months of the English county season.
- India fast bowler Ishant Sharma will join Sussex for the first two months of the English county season.
- The right-armer will be available for five games in the County Championship, and all eight of Sussex’s group stage fixtures in the One-Day Cup.
- Only three Indian seamers have taken more wickets than Sharma in Test cricket, with his 234 dismissals making him the ninth-most prolific Indian Test bowler overall.
- Sussex were looking to bring in another fast bowler after Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer signed deals to play in the Indian Premier League.
- “Securing Ishant’s services has been very important for us,” Sussex director of cricket Keith Greenfield said.