Rediff – IMAGE: Suresh Raina was ‘hurt’ after being dropped.
- Photograph: Getty ImagesSuresh Raina says he was ‘hurt’ after being dropped from the Indian team despite performing well, but now that he is back in the mix, the southpaw is determined to make the most of the upcoming T20 series in South Africa.
- During all these months of hard training, the desire to play for India again grew only so much stronger,” Raina told Aaj Tak.
- The left-hander last played for India in the T20 series against England and scored an impressive 63 in the final match at Bengaluru in February last year.
- However, failure to clear the Yo-Yo test kept him out of the Indian team.
- With the likes of Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthik, Kedar Jadhav and Ajinkya Rahane still trying to cement their place in the Indian ODI middle order, Raina knows a few good knocks in the T20 format can help him get a look in the 50-over format ahead of the 2019 World Cup.