Sify – [India], Feb 15 (ANI): Indian pacer Ishant Sharma is all set to join Sussex as an overseas player for the first two months of the English county season.
- [India], Feb 15 (ANI): Indian pacer Ishant Sharma is all set to join Sussex as an overseas player for the first two months of the English county season.
- As a result, Ishant will be available for five games in the County Championship and all eight matches in Sussex’s group stage in the One-Day Cup.
- Ecstatic to have Ishant in the team, Sussex’s director of cricket Keith Greenfield said that securing the Indian fast bowler’s services would be crucial for them especially in the absence of Jofra Archer and Chris Jordan.
- Once Jofra and Chris were picked up in the IPL draft, it became crucial to sign an experienced international-quality seam bowler who could provide valuable support and know-how to the rest of the seamers,” he said.
- Sussex had brought in Ishant from Delhi after seeing Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer being picked up in the IPL draft and now the Indian pacer is expected to join the club on April 4.