Age, The (Melbourne, Australia) – “This period is set to include a significant amount of limited-overs cricket, including the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 in England and Wales.
- There are eight players who have not worn the baggy green earning central contracts, while injured pace ace James Pattinson, who last played for Australia in February 2016, drops off for the first time since 2010-11.
- Photo: Cricket AustraliaNewly appointed skipper Tim Paine is back for the first time in seven years and is set to rank highly on CA’s formula, which takes into consideration the likelihood a player will be selected in the contract period.
- And Alex Carey has been anointed as Paine’s understudy, joining the list for the first time after a strong domestic season for South Australia and the Adelaide Strikers.
- “Andrew (Tye) is an experienced bowler, who has been able to translate strong domestic performances onto the international stage in white-ball cricket.
- CONTRACT LISTTim Paine (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Matt Renshaw, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Billy Stanlake, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye.