Age, The (Melbourne, Australia) – “I won’t be batting in the nets in India in preparation for a comeback and as I have always said the game owes me nothing, I owe it everything.”
Clarke was quoted in the story as saying he “would do anything to help the Australian cricket team”.
- Clarke was quoted in the story as saying he “would do anything to help the Australian cricket team”.
- Clarke, who retired after losing the Ashes series in England three years ago, was quoted in the article saying he would play for free.
- Clarke added he is yet to hear a response from Sutherland, the Cricket Australia chief executive.
- The 37-year-old Clarke battled with a chronic back problem in the latter stages of a glittering career in which he scored 8643 runs in 115 Tests and chalked up 28 centuries.
- Brad Hogg played at 45,” Clarke was quoted as saying.