BBC.com – Middlesex laid down a marker in Division Two with a 160-run win over Northamptonshire at Lord’s.
- Chasing 303 to win, Northants collapsed from 9-0 at the start of day three to 142 all out, with James Harris and Tim Murtagh both taking four wickets.
- The 27-year-old also made the highest score of the game with his unbeaten 46 in Middlesex’s first innings.
- After 26 wickets fell on Saturday, batting conditions continued to prove tricky as only three Northants batsmen reached double figures and Middlesex wrapped up victory just after lunch.
- Middlesex skipper Sam Robson: “It’s a great start – obviously with what happened last year, you want to bounce back strongly and kick the season off well and I’m glad we ended up on the right side of it.
- “But it was the same for both sides and ultimately Middlesex bowled better than we did.