News24 (South Africa) – Johannesburg – The Proteas have some more injury news on the bowling front with Kagiso Rabada struggling with a stiff lower back.
- Rabada picked up the strain while bowling in Australia’s first innings.
- He is expected to bowl in the second innings, but word from the Cricket South Africa (CSA) camp is that he will not be at his quickest.
- Morkel, playing in his last Test match, was heavily strapped on Monday morning and he has been taking pain killers to try and get through the discomfort.
- That would help explain why captain Faf du Plessis has opted to keep batting in South Africa’s second innings, despite the lead being well over 500.
- South Africa lead 2-1 in the series, and they will become the first side to beat Australia in a home Test series since re-admission if they avoid defeat in Johannesburg.