Hindustan Times – The first day of the second Test was washed out, and rain ate into five hours of the game on Day 2.
- The first day of the second Test was washed out, and rain ate into five hours of the game on Day 2.
- In Edgbaston, only Virat Kohli stood up to England’s pace threat in the narrow loss.
- At Lord’s, Kohli saw off James Anderson’s initial threat again, only for Chris Woakes to comeback and claim the prize scalp.
- How rain on the first day is bad news for Kohli’s teamThere was some assurance when Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane were together.
- ALSO READ: How rain denied Sachin Tendulkar a historic first at Lord’sFor England, Pope came in place of the axed Dawid Malan and all-rounder Ben Stokes – facing a criminal trial in Bristol – was replaced by seam-bowling all-rounder Chris Woakes.