News – Cricket: England opener Keaton Jennings has called for one of the all-time shocking reviews after being trapped plumb in front by Mohammed Shami.
- ALLROUNDER Chris Woakes struck his first test century to guide England to 357-6 and a commanding 250-run lead over top-ranked India at stumps on Day 3 of the second test at Lord’s on Saturday.
- England had looked like wasting an inspired bowling performance that dismissed India for 107 in its first innings on a rain-interrupted second day.
- Mohammed Shami (3-74) removed Keaton Jennings (11) and then England captain Joe Root (19) with the last ball before lunch — both of them leg-before dismissals — to leave England 89-4 at the end of the opening session.
- In between Shami’s strikes, Ishant Sharma had Alastair Cook (21) caught behind and Hardik Pandya (2-66) removed England debutant Ollie Pope for 28 to help bring India back into the match.
- However, having become the first batsmen to pass 30 in the match, Woakes and Bairstow took England to 230-5 tea, before going on the attack in the evening session.