Sri Lankan Government News – Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sept.
- Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sept.
- A Media briefing, held at the Media Centre, Ministry of Defence on Thursday (13) was told that ‘Sri Lanka Army Para Games – 2018’ is to be held this year for the 21st consecutive time with the participation of sportsmen and women, drawn from all Regiments of the Army.
- Major General Dampath Fernando, Chairman, Sri Lanka Army Para Sports Committee during the briefing announced that this year’s ‘Sri Lanka Army Para Games’, would make a difference as more and more have volunteered to participate in the tournament, which he interpreted as a recognition of Army arrangements in this connection.
- Major General Rajeewa Wickramasingha, Vice Chairman of the Sri Lanka Army Para Sports Committee, Brigadier Sumith Atapattu, Director Media, Colonel Raja Gunarathna, Secretary to Sri Lanka Army Para Sports Committee and Mrs Amali Nanayakkara Chief Marketing Officer Dialog Axiata Group were associated with the briefing.
- Previously known as the ‘Army Disable Sports Meet’, saw its birth in the year 1991, but it was renamed in 2010, to be called the ‘Sri Lanka Army Para Games.’