Manawatu Standard (New Zealand) – Dion Sanson walks off after scoring a fine 106 for Levin Old Boys.
- CRICKET: Levin Old Boys and rep opening batsman Dion Sanson has continued his brilliant form to lead his club side to victory over Weraroa CC in Horowhenua Kāpiti club cricket.
- Down south, in another local derby, the Life Members Cup was up for grabs between Kāpiti Old Boys CC and Paraparaumu CC at the Paraparaumu Domain.
- Kāpiti Old Boys went about setting a total and Marty Harrison led the way, scoring a typically aggressive 79 off only 51 balls at the top of the innings in a knock that featured three sixes and nine fours.
- Nigel Harvey was the pick of the Paraparaumu attack, taking 4-22 off nine, including the wicket of Harrison to ensure Kāpiti Old Boys were restricted to less than they would have liked.
- He was well supported by Ajay Kumar’s 44 and Byron Gill’s 44 as the Kāpiti Old Boys attack struggled to make the inroads they desperately needed to take the Life Members Cup back from Paraparaumu.