AAP Australian Sports – Sam Harper defied his team’s plight and belied his own circumstances with a gem of a BBL innings.
- Chasing 103, Melbourne slumped to 4-17 in their season opener before Harper and Nabi belted 68 from 45 balls to set up their four-wicket win.
- Harper batted like an established star, making 36 from 25 balls with three fours and two sixes.
- Harper and Nabi only met a week ago, but again they looked like established teammates in their game-defining partnership.
- “Obviously it was tough with the new ball, but I guess we were both trying to put a bit of pressure back on the bowlers, while (the ball) was doing a bit,” Harper said.
- Harper played cricket in Bristol during the Australian winter and Thursday night showed he has built some solid momentum heading into the BBL season.