Mid-day – Mumbai veteran Aditya Tare assures aggressive approach against Saurashtra in must-win Ranji Trophy tie beginning at Wankhede Stadium today
Aditya Tare at the Wankhede Stadium yesterday.
- Mumbai veteran Aditya Tare assures aggressive approach against Saurashtra in must-win Ranji Trophy tie beginning at Wankhede Stadium todayAditya Tare at the Wankhede Stadium yesterday.
- Pic/Suresh Karkera Mumbai v Saurashtra has often been referred to as a David v Goliath battle, where the former enjoyed an upper hand in 66 Ranji Trophy contests, having lost outright only once.
- Saurashtra on topSaurashtra are on top of the table in the combined Group A and B teams with 25 points from six matches, while Mumbai are languishing in 13th position with eight points from five matches.
- We are pretty optimistic of our chances going forward,” added Tare, who felt that Mumbai’s last two wins over Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy finals (2012-13 and 2015-16) will have no bearing on this contest.
- ‘This is our best chance’Meanwhile, Saurashtra skipper Jaydev Unadkat is licking his lips at the prospect of beating Mumbai for the second time in their Ranji Trophy history.