Gulf Today (UAE) – SYDNEY: Australia won the toss and chose to bat in the opening one-day international against India at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Saturday.
- Australia — following their first-ever 2-1 home Test series defeat to India — made a number of changes to their ODI team.
- Alex Carey will open with skipper Aaron Finch, with veteran paceman Peter Siddle to play in his first ODI in more than eight years and Jason Behrendorff to make his ODI debut.
- India went for two spinners with Ravi Jadeja returning to the side and Ambati Rayudu and Dinesh Karthik chosen in the middle order.
- Australia have won three of their last 24 games since the end of January 2017 and are currently ranked sixth, while second-ranked India have only lost one of their last 11 ODIs.
- Teams: Australia: Aaron Finch (capt), Alex Carey, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle, Jason Behrendorff.