Stuff – New Zealand international Scott Kuggeleijn took two wickets on IPL debut for the Chennai Super Kings.
- New Zealand international Scott Kuggeleijn took two wickets on IPL debut for the Chennai Super Kings.
- Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming has hailed the Indian Premier League debut efforts of fellow Kiwi Scott Kuggeleijn, in their side’s victory over Kings XI Punjab on Sunday morning (NZ time).
- Black Caps international Kuggeleijn was a late call-up to the IPL, as an injury replacement for South African Lungi Ngidi, and after just three days in the Chennai heat, he was called upon to take the park, after Dwayne Bravo also went down with a hamstring injury.
- In searing mid-30 degree temperatures and in front of a sea of yellow at their home ground of MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai maintained their spot at the top of the table thanks to a 22-run victory, with Kuggeleijn (2-37 off four overs) closing things out with two late wickets.
- A slower ball had Indian international KL Rahul (55 off 47) deceived and pulling to deep mid-wicket and Kuggeleijn went for just seven off that 18th over.