AAP Australian Sports – By the time the World Cup is out, Australia will have spent more than 24 hours on a bus travelling up to 2200km between the cities of England.
- By the time the World Cup is out, Australia will have spent more than 24 hours on a bus travelling up to 2200km between the cities of England.
- Such is the geographical nature of England, Australia have ditched the planes they’d use at home and hit the road for each of their trips.
- Australia have played four games in nine days, dating back to last Thursday, with the team set to take the three-hour trip to Nottingham via the M1 on Sunday morning after their clash with Sri Lanka.
- If the Aussies do go all the way to the final they will travel a total 2203km between towns, with an expected time of 28 hours on the road before the tournament ends at Lord’s.
- AUSTRALIA’S ROAD TOUR OF ENGLAND:SOUTHAMPTON TO BRISTOL: 165km, 2hr BRISTOL TO NOTTINGHAM: 225km, 2hr 30minNOTTINGHAM TO LONDON: 205km, 2hr 50minLONDON TO TAUNTON: 265km, 3hr 20minTAUNTON TO LONDON: 265km, 3hr 20minLONDON TO NOTTINGHAM: 205km, 2hr 50minNOTTINGHAM TO LONDON: 205km, 2hr 50minLONDON TO MANCHESTER: 339km, 4hr 15minMANCHESTER TO BIRMINGHAM: 120km, 1hr 50min*BIRMINGHAM TO LONDON: 202km, 2hr 30min*TOTAL: 2203km, 28hr 15min* Birmingham and last London trips dependent on finishing position and qualifying for final(s)