Metropolitan Police – Met reminds Cricket World Cup spectators not to buy tickets from touts to avoid losing money.
- Met reminds Cricket World Cup spectators not to buy tickets from touts to avoid losing money.
- The Metropolitan Police Service is reminding members of the public who are hoping to attend a Cricket World Cup fixture not to purchase tickets from touts outside the stadium and reminds those that are selling fraudulent tickets that they will be prosecuted.
- “Having the Cricket World Cup 2019 in England and Wales is such a privilege and we love hosting parts of it in London; however a small minority are attempting to fraudulently sell fake or copied tickets.
- “We advise anyone who is thinking of purchasing a ticket from someone outside a cricket stadium to think twice.
- Det Ch Supt Fleming continues: “If you would like to buy a ticket to attend a cricket match, please do so via the appropriate channels such as www.cricketworldcup.com or www.icc-cricket.com.