Hindustan Times – There was an injury scare for India when all-rounder Vijay Shankar was hit on the toes by a Jasprit Bumrah yorker.
- There was an injury scare for India when all-rounder Vijay Shankar was hit on the toes by a Jasprit Bumrah yorker.
- However, the player and the management are confident that there is nothing to worry and that Shankar will be fit to play against Afghanistan.
- (Complete coverage of ICC Cricket World Cup 2019)One of the major threats for India in the match against Afghanistan will be Rashid Khan, and here the experience of Shankar in the middle order can come in handy.
- He also has faced him in the nets as both players represent the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.ALSO READ: Rishabh Pant opens up about World Cup snub on Chahal TV – Watch“Rashid is one of the best bowlers in limited overs.
- I try to pick his variations when I bat against him in the nets,” Vijay Shankar said at the pre-match press conference on Friday.The young leg-spinner was taken to the cleaners in the match against England, where he gave away 110 runs in nine overs.