Deccan Chronicle – Rohit has bridged the gap from 51 points to only six after becoming the first batsman to score five centuries in the single edition of the World Cup.
- Rohit has bridged the gap from 51 points to only six after becoming the first batsman to score five centuries in the single edition of the World Cup.
- India’s fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has extended his lead at the top from 21 points to 56 points after grabbing 17 wickets in the nine league matches at the World Cup, with Boult remaining in second place after a memorable league phase that included a hat-trick against Australia, the first ever in ODI cricket at Lord’s.
- There have been other notable movements too, with Pakistan’s Babar Azam going up to the third place, just behind his career-high second place achieved in June 2018, and Australia opener David Warner re-entering at number six after a highly successful group stage that saw him aggregate 638 runs, just nine less than leading scorer Rohit.
- In other movements among batsmen, Sri Lanka’s Avishka Fernando has risen a whopping 110 places to 85th place, West Indies Nicholas Pooran has risen to 92nd from outside the top 400, while Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has reached a career-best batting points tally of 692.
- In the ICC ODI Team Rankings, England remain at the first position with 123 points but only ahead of India on decimal points, while New Zealand and Australia are similarly both on 112 with the former fractionally ahead, and South Africa on fifth with 110 points.