Deccan Chronicle – Chennai: The opening Ashes Test at Edgbaston witnessed one of the greatest comebacks as Australia rallied from behind to stun England by 251 runs.
- Former Aussie pacer Glenn McGrath said it’s time to put “Sandpaper-gate” behind and give due credit to the batsman for his sensational knocks.
- Smith scored 144 and 142 against England at the Edgbaston in his comeback Test.
- McGrath believes that it was the hunger to succeed having lost out a year of Test cricket that was evident in his batting.
- McGrath said Smith and Virat Kohli are like chalk and cheese when it comes to personality, but they are two of the best batsmen in the world at the moment.
- McGrath said he quite liked the idea of players wearing names and numbers on their white flannels in Test matches.