New Zealand Herald – There’s a standout scene from this year’s season of Hard Knocks, the behind-the-scenes series that lifts the lid on what really goes down at NFL training camp.
- Nathan Lyon wasn’t quite as colourful when he addressed the media ahead of the 2017-18 Ashes series in Australia but his declaration the hosts were hoping to “end the careers” of some England players in the same way Mitchell Johnson tormented the 2013-14 Poms was about as aggressive as our baggy green wearers get.
- Since Lyon’s press conference prophecy Moeen Ali has batted 11 times against Australia and Lyon has taken his wicket nine times.
- His complete dominance of the English all-rounder was rammed home in the First Test at Edgbaston when Ali shouldered arms to the fifth ball he faced and trudged off with a duck after it crashed into his stumps.
- There were a couple of comical beamers too and despite being the world’s leading Test wicket taker in the 12 months prior, Ali suffered a shock axeing after just one match.
- But it was a similar story to his rough day in Birmingham with the ball as Ali battled to 0/108 from 32 overs at one point and provided a clip that was widely circulated online (and can be viewed in the video player above).