Fox Sports Australia – A day on from an Ashes Test for the ages, we look at the five burning questions to emerge from one of the most emerge from Headingley.
- England completed its greatest successful chase in Test cricket history on the watch of Australia’s bowlers at Headingley.
- Before being taken out of the second Test, Smith had scored 37 per cent of Australia’s runs in this series.
- Matthew Wade, picked more for what he could do with the bat than the gloves in his stints as Australia’s Test keeper, averaged 28.58 before coming back as a specialist batsman.
- Paine burnt Australia last review on lbw appeal that pitched well outside leg an over before an incorrect call from umpire Joel Wilson saved England, and failed to get Jack Leach on strike regularly.
- Wade took a step back in the right direction with his second innings 33 at Headingley, but before that his first Test ton was covering somewhat for scores of 1, 6, 1 and 0 in his other four innings.