Stuff – Jofra Archer will be awarded an England central contract next month giving him a massive pay rise.
- Jofra Archer will be awarded an England central contract next month giving him a massive pay rise.
- Fast bowler Jofra Archer is set for a massive pay rise next month when he will become one of the highest-paid English cricketers.
- The Times reported that the Ashes star will be awarded a central contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) worth about £1 million (NZ$1.91m) on top of the £800,000 (NZ$1.53m) he already receives for his IPL deal with Rajasthan Royals.
- A new five-year broadcast deal kicks in next year that will boost test contracts from £475,000 to £650,000 and white-ball contracts from £170,000 to £250,000, meaning players such as Archer and Ben Stokes, who play all formats, will top £1 million, The Times reported.
- READ MORE: * Khawaja axed for Ashes test * Stokes’ ‘frightening’ fitness stats * Smith’s concussion comeback * Lyon backed to tame Stokes Archer will still be able to play almost all next year’s IPL because England do not start their summer fixtures until June 4 with a test against the West Indies, his country of birth.